Thursday, September 27, 2012

Clinic in Panajxit

This morning, Cheryl and I made our way to Quiche.  We hopped in with Tomas and rode out to Panajxit.  Enrique lives in near where we have clinic, so he met us there.

We had a small clinic of 8 patients.  I have been out here for the last three patients so I am beginning to get to know the regular patients.

We saw one lady who found out several weeks ago that she has diabetes.  She returned today with a blood sugar of 111.  I was excited for her.

When we finished clinic, we rode to Enrique's house.  Now, yesterday, you may remember my blog saying that I felt La Palma was the prettiest place in Guatemala........but look at this view!  Today, I think Panajxit is the prettiest place in Guatemala.  How would you like to look at this view every morning, as you had your coffee? I know I could!

Last time we were here, Enrique had a new calf.  We had looked around for it but it had hid in the cornfield.  Today, it was out where we could see it!

The neighbor also had a new calf at the same time.  They are going to remain best of friends.  Cheryl laughed at me as I waited for them to pose! The one on the left belongs to Enrique.

Louisa prepared for us a wonderful meal of fried chicken, rice and tortillas.

It began raining hard as we drove back to Chichi.  Tomorrow, we will spend the day in the office preparing a wall to apply a white board.  It will be great to have a large one in the office.  You will have to check out the photos.

No comments: