Thursday, September 13, 2012

Clinic in Panajxit

This morning, I went to Panajxit with Tomas. Enrique was already in Panajxit waiting for us.  We had a small clinic of six patients but it was a good day.

When I unloaded the bed, Tomas told me that the bed had collapsed yesterday in their clinic.  It reminded me of the road near our house........it just collapsed!!  Tomas said he was going to fix it.......and fix it he did!

He found some heavy, red cable and rewired it..........in two different places.

As with any good, strong repair, he used electrical tape.................it was then, as good as new!

One lady came to the clinic today and brought her son, who is underweight.  She did not bring him for that reason, but brought him for a cough. There is a very good reason why we have a lot of confidence in what the promoters tell us about the people in their community.

This lady, seemed very sincere and concerned with her son.  I do not have any doubt that she loves and cares for him but she did not give me the whole story.  She told me that he is underweight because she does not have enough money to feed him or her other child.  She said that she has another child at home that weighs even less.

Later, I found out that this was Enrique's sister and she has a drinking problem. According to him, she spends her money on her habit.  The children get some beans and 2 tortillas for breakfast.  For lunch they get an egg and 2 tortillas.  For dinner they get a little rice........and that is all for the day. She told me that she will return to clinic in 15 days, so we will see.

No comments: