Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday in Chichi

This mornning I went to my K'iche' class. I told the teachers that we need to slow the pace a little. I do not fully understand everything that they say to me in K'iche and it is very frustrating. I know all teachers have a different style but after only 5 classes we are already studying different tenses and I have not built a basic vocabulary yet.

The UNC vs KU was today and congrats to the KU team and fans! I thought I had a place to watch it and then when it was not on, I was disappointed. Anyways, they played a great game and I hope they go all the way!

We all know that there has been much devastation and sadness in the world and I do not think that it is going to get much better. I am not a negative person but it is the reality in which we live.

There are some Christians in India and Ghana that read the blog and have asked that I ask you for your prayers. They are really struggling and believe that with God's grace, they will make it.

Each country had different struggles and problems. At times it is difficult for us to comprehend the struggles that someone else has. While one student may be struggling to have the money to sit for his final exams, another student is struggling to have the top-line car at graduation. While one man is struggling for coats for his family, another man may be struggling to take his family on their dream vacation. Struggles are struggles.........all cause discomfort.

Maybe we can spend more time praying for each other............maybe one day we will be the one asking for prayers.

No comments: