Saturday, March 26, 2011

Chuchipaca Clinic and Diabetic Class

Today, was our clinic in Chuchipaca and first Diabetic Class. I was excited, as I think we all were. We started a series of three Diabetic Classes and plan on rotating them. There may even be more classes because when we start doing the diet plan, I think the class will go very slowly.

When we started setting things up, we were told that everyone might not fit in the classroom.........isn't that a terrible problem to have??? I think not!

Kemmel took the names of the patients as Gaspar took their vital signs. We prayed and then started the clinic. There were 22 patients that wanted to sit in the class. I do not think all of them were diabetics but that is OK. During the class, the promoter would call out the name of next patient for Lisa to see and we would continue with the class. After class, I helped with seeing patients.

I think the day went very smoothly. There was a lot of participation and a lot of questions. Gaspar translated for me and he is always a big help. There were 25 patients for the day and that is a good clinic. What a great day.......and all for the glory of God.

No comments: