Thursday, March 10, 2011

Clinica in Lemoa

I had not realized that I had not blogged for a few days. I will make up for it today.

We had clinic in Lemoa with 21 medical patients and 4 patients for dental cleanings. It was a wide range of patients so that keeps me from getting bored.

Now, there are some things that prevent me from getting bored........as one patient today that kept reaching in her blouse to get her teeth and each time she would try to put them in her mouth, they would fall back down in her blouse. Now, that kept me entertained for about thirty seconds :) If you are trying to imagine this, believe me, you just had to be here.

Two babies returned today after their surgery in the coast and they looked really good. I try to do the consult first, then pray with the family and then go for the photo. I think I will change my routine because by this time the baby gets fussy and is no longer amused with me.

So, this is Bartolo. His lip is looking great and will improve more.

Abner was all smiles and playing until he got bored with me. His lip is also looking good.

Now, this was the doll of the day. He was precious.

The patient that won the award for the day is a diabetic. When he was here last month, his blood sugar was 560! Today, drum roll please, it was 109! I really emphasis diet with the patients and that the diet does not mean you have to be hungry. It is all about education.

One lady came and told me that she thought she was pregnant. We chatted for awhile and then she returned with her result, that was negative. Then a few more minutes later, I get an, "oh by the way................" She tells me that she needs surgery for an abdominal mass that she has. So, might you have an ultra sound? Yes, it is outside so she runs to get it and inside the bag is a ton of lab work that she had done last year.

I really felt bad for one little lady. I saw her sitting in the door way in the morning but thought she was a dental patient. So, when it was time for her consult she was shaking.........and I mean shaking. Her temperature went from 98.4 to 101.2......we quickly gave her some Tylenol, did her consult and then Manuel drove her home. There is no way she could have made it by herself.

Yes, it was a good day.......................and the adventures will continue. Tomorrow, the guys and I will go to Choacaman IV.

Rick will arrive with a group from Harding University tomorrow. On Saturday, groups from Abilene University and Lipscomb University will arrive. Please pray for their safe travels.

No comments: