Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday in Lemoa

Today, was the clinic in Lemoa and it was a good one. Have you noticed how I say that every clinic "is a good one"? That is because in one way or another it is a good. We may have a ton of patients or only a few but you never know how you may have impacted someone.

I have not introduced you to Rebekah yet. She is doing a 6 week rotation here with Lisa. She is a PA student and lives in Nashville. Currently, she is living in Paxot II with Manuel and his family. If anyone near the Nashville area will be looking for a sharp PA in the next few months, let me know and I can connect you with one!

Today, we had a 28 year-old man come to the clinic. His name is Jose and he has been in significant pain for 2 months. He has been to different physicians and has had lab work and xrays done. Yet, no one can tell him what is wrong. He has difficulty walking and therefore is unable to work. He has continued to take large doses of medicine to control his pain.

Lisa suggested that he get some exams done in Quiche so Gaspar and I drove him there. I hope to see him in Chichi at worship on Sunday. Please pray for him and that he will be able to find out what is wrong.

Tomorrow we will leave early in the morning for Chuchuca. I am sure that it will be a good clinic, since you know that they all are :)

No comments: