Friday, April 2, 2010

Back to Guate...............

When I arrived in NC, it was warm. As usual, my parents met me at the airport with a Diet Dr. Pepper. Friday during lunch, Gaspar asked me how it is when you see your family after you have not seen them for awhile. I told him that I ask my parents for my Dr. Pepper and THEN I hug them......ha ha ha......just kidding of course.

The week was fast and passed quickly. I was not able to keep the blog up but I will update with a few photos.

Sunday morning I worshiped in Morganton and then Sunday evening I was in Winston at my sponsoring congregation, South Fork Church of Christ. It was good to see some friends I had not seen for awhile. Trish was down in Guatemala last month with a group and she brought Barbara with her Sunday evening. We use to work at the same hospital many years ago.........I will not mention how many :)

I heard some discussion that some members of South Fork may return again this year for another clinic. I love it when they come and participate in the work but I also realize there are many areas of the world that need help and sometimes it can be difficult to decide where to go.

Sunday evening tornadoes were spotted and even damaged several homes. From earthquakes to tornadoes..........................

One day we had lunch together.................my parents and Mike, my brother. Angie was nice to take the photo for us. My parents wanted their ABC child to have a photo of us, so here it is!

My family met Sally and her mom for dinner one evening.................my parents with Sally and her mom.

It was a great visit as always and we look forward to the next one.................

My parents will take me to the airport in the morning and our alarms are set for 0200.............ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucky for me, I can easily sleep on the plane.

No comments: