Monday, April 5, 2010

Special meeting in Chinique

Today Kemmel, Lisa, Nadia and I went to Chinique for a special service they were having. The new congregation has been meeting here for two years and they wanted to have a special service. The outside has just been painted.

"Grandma, please do NOT make me wear that hat!!"

The lesson was on joy and that only true joy can come through Christ. It is not something you can buy nor can you trade something for it. You can not touch it or see it........you can only see the results from it.

He told a story about a man's family that had no joy in it. The members of the family yelled and fought..........the house was absent of joy. The man found someone that he thought could sell him some joy but was very sad when he was turned down. The man instead said, take me to your house and let me see. It was true........the family was fighting, hitting each other and there was no joy inside. The man said, "I can not sell you joy but I can give you the gift of Christ and then you and your family will receive true joy."

After the service, there was a short break before lunch. Kemmel and Lisa sitting and talking with some of the people from the area.

Two girls that wanted their photo taken.

Lisa and Kemmel were giving English lessons in the back of the truck!

Later, I walked up to Chichi and got a few things that I needed. Tomorrow one group will head to Patzite, while Nadia and I will go to Xepocol. Kemmel and a few others have an ABC meeting in Paxot. We will be scattered in different directions but our focus will remain the same..........all for the glory of God.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sheri! What fun :) I went to Chinique last year with the ACU group. I'm so excited that Nadia gets to hang out with you this week. You two have a blast for me ok? Love ya lots!