Saturday, April 10, 2010

Adventure....................

If you are able to follow the blog, you quickly see that no two days are identical. There is always adventure..................

I went to get the truck today and the battery would not start. I tried all of the tricks I knew and then I gave in and had to call........."Kemmel!!!" There is a mechanic in our area so I went to find him. His mom supplies me with most of my Diet Coke. Lucita and I have a great relationship!

I told him I thought it was the battery and he said he would be over. Well, he could not do anything and said we needed a new battery. Another neighbor then came over and jumped the battery.

Off we go to the battery store. We pulled into the area and the lady said we had to wait 15 minutes for her husband to return. He promptly returned, replaced the battery and within 20 minutes we paid and had the guarantee in our hands!

On the way to Lemoa, we had to wait in the road for 40 minutes since there is some road construction going on. We bought candy from a guy walking from vehicle to vehicle. It was something to do and the guys sure did not want me to start singing due to boredom :)

Once we were in Lemoa, the guys washed the truck inside and out...........and we all started counting a new shipment of medicine that we had received.

When I went home in the afternoon, I was walking in the yard and stepped on a nail! It went right through the shoe.............................."Lisa!!!" Yes, the Centro de Salud is open and you should be able to get a tetanus shot there. Whew...............so I started walking until I found a tuk-tuk that could take me.

I walked into the clinic, told her what had happened and what I needed. She asked me if I needed a consult or to see someone and I told her no. She took me another room, wrote my name down and then one of the guys gave me the tetanus. Another guy was standing in the corner and eating a sucker. We started talking and he asked me where I work. We chatted for a few minutes and then I asked what I needed to pay.........they told me just to come back in one month and then again in six months.

Now, I like this service.....................no long lines to wait in, no papers to sign, no lab work, no HIPPA concerns and no charge! I arrived and was out in 30 minutes!

Yes, Mom...............I do have band-aids!

OK, those were my adventures for the day!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Cute Sheri!!!! ;)

Antonia said...

Sheri,
Sounds like an adventure all right. Tom & I were considering a trip. Wanted to dialogue with you about coming down your way. Are you available for tours?