Monday, November 23, 2009

To God be the Glory

I want to express my thanks to God for the continued growth of Heath Talents and for the support I have received from South Fork. Many missions are started but do not last for very long. God has continued to bless Health Talents and those who support it.

Yesterday was Mission Sunday at South Fork and they have already exceeded their goal by 25 percent!! Not only do they support work here in Guatemala but also in the Ukraine, the Eastern European Missions, Haiti, Nigeria and the Iglesia de Cristo in Winston Salem.

It seems like just last week when I came here to Guatemala. I remember my last Sunday to worship in Winston. Charlie asked me to come to the front and he read a scripture to the congregation.
Matthew 9:35-38
Jesus went all through the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into the harvest field."
I still carry that yellow card in my Bible as a reminder. We all have a mission. We are here to teach as Jesus and his disciples did. Christ provides hope that does not come from physical or material gain.
Service is an act that we can perform, no matter what country we are in or the time of day. Let us remember our mission and carry it through with love and compassion.

No comments: