Monday, November 16, 2009

Catch-up stuff

OK, time to catch up on a few things. JoLee and I headed to Panajachel on Friday morning since we had time to swing by on our way to Antigua.

During our drive, we saw this ayudante trying to stay on top of the bus and not get tangled in the wires or fall on the metal rods............as yes, the bus was moving at good speed!

We stopped along the way so I could get a few photos and JoLee could buy a few more things!

We ate steak on the lake and it was very good.

We spent the night in Antigua at Casa Florencia. Kemmel suggested it and I also would recommend it. We arranged her shuttle near the hotel for the next morning.

I took my passport to my friend Mary, who lives in Antigua. She helps me with that since the day the office is open is not an easy day to travel to Antigua. She is also trying to sell some paintings and I will post some of those later.

For those that know me, you know one of my favorite restaurants is Cafe in the Sky........yes, we had dinner there and I loved my salad!

JoLee had a safe flight to New York and will visit when she has time again. It was nice having her for a few more days.

Please remember Jane in your prayers. She is having knee surgery today in Winston Salem. She is the friend who started Evelyn's Baskets of Love and Live for the cleft lip and palate babies.

Tomorrow, I will go to Chutzurob and see what patients I can see :):):)

No comments: