Sunday, November 1, 2009

Returning to Chichi

Last night I died after the walk to the lake. ha ha ha. I was up at 0700 and was ready to return to Chichi. Finally, I was able to get a photo of Elubia and I. She is the neatest lady and we got along real well. This home stay was great, offering a wonderful opportunity to live with a Guatemalan family.

Before I left, Elubia gave me some fiambre that she had made for her family. I think was disappointed they did not stay longer last night. During the week, she told me her special recipe for it. She uses more vegetable than meat and less vinegar than most people. I guarded it well during the drive home.

I arrived home safely............................and the fiambre was wonderful! I called Elubia to thank her again and to tell her how much I was enjoying her fiambre.
If you are interested in studying Spanish in Guatemala, please consider CBA in Xela. If you have any questions, you can email me at fscubarn@aol.com. I feel sure you would have a positive experience.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Very nice Sheri!!!!!