Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Busy clinic in Chutzurob

We had a great day in Chutzurob! I picked up Gaspar today. We were missing Juan since he is in Montellano helping with the eye clinic. The drive was unremarkable but when we arrived it was remarkable!

The brothers met us outside and told us we had a crowd. We had 32 medical patients and 12 dental cleanings waiting for us. We talked for a few minutes at the truck and then decided that we could do it. They had already announced the cleanings and we felt we needed to do them.

Gaspar started taking the names and I started doing the initial vital signs. We then talked to the patients for a few minutes and asked them for their patience. We prayed and then began.

Gaspar set up his cleaning area and he was so excited. He said he would help me with the pharmacy between patients......no problem.

We were cruising and then Lisa and Kemmel came to help! They arrived at a good time. A young child of 2.5 years that had not developed well was the next patient. Lisa helped me with her and then we saw patients seperate.

Kemmel working in the pharmacy area.

Lisa teaching the ladies how to take a blood pressure. Sorry it is so blurry. My camera lens is loose and sometimes does not work well.

They needed another arm to practice on.

We finished and loaded the truck. We followed Kemmel and Lisa back to Chichi. After parking the trucks, I was craving fried chicken. It was odd but that is what I wanted. I took a book with me and read about urinary tract infections and gram + and gram - stuff.

It was dark about 6 pm and when I arrived at the house........I had a surprise. I heard music and I stopped to listen. It was Christmas music coming from the house and the trees had been decorated with lights! I could not believe it! Tomasita will be surprised to find out how much of a scrooge I am. It is not even December yet!! Maybe I need to find a decoration for Nako to wear around his neck! ha ha ha

Thank you again Lisa and Kemmel..........Gaspar and I may still be in Chutzurob!...








1 comment:

Mom said...

Sheri,
Please get Nako some jingle bells to wear around his neck!!!!