Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Clinic in Xepol

Nako looked very lonely this morning. I sat on the step and talked to him as I waited for Kemmel this morning. Kemmel stopped for me and then we got Gaspar in Chichi. We had an uneventful drive to Xepol but let me tell you how cold it was there! Now, when I am in Montellano I remind you several times how HOT it is there so I may remind you a few times how COLD it was today in Xepol!

When we first arrived, we did not have any patients. We set up the clinic and patiently waited.

One by one, a few arrived. The complaint that most patients had was a sore throat, cough and fever. Could that be related to how COLD it is in Xepol???

This was a few children who were hanging out with their parents today. Notice they have on short sleeves???

I love this gentleman. He is the grandfather of Tomas that helps us with the clinic. He is 88 years old....................but that age is still up for question.

Now, this gentleman is aware of the temperature in Xepol. He went to lay down in the sun. I was just a little nervous on the slope he chose to lay on!

The patient that concerned me the most was a 13 year old that has seizures. He has had them for 1.5 years and his father said this is the first time they have sought help. He may have 2-3 a day and then at another time he may have 1-2 in a week. I started him on medicine and he will see Lisa at Carris in a couple of weeks. I really hope we can help him. He is studying in school and it is difficult for him.

We had 7 patients today and I always say that is better than none :)

I have heard that Jane is doing well after her knee surgery. We are thankful to God for His love and protection.






No comments: