Saturday, November 21, 2009

Clinic in Mactzul V

I met Gaspar and Juan this morning and we went to Mactzul V. I was in for a surprise because I did not realize Mactzul has had a face lift.......or I should say a land lift. For those who have been there, you will remember that we drove up an embankment and their building was up on another level.

Well, they have totally torn their building down, for a good reason, and have leveled the land. They have outgrown their building and did not have room for everyone and are continuing to grow. They have dug out the land and there is level now.

We had a good clinic of 12-13 patients. The morning went fairly quick with nothing unusual.

In the afternoon, one patient came that was having difficulty breathing. I called Lisa for a consult and then encouraged the young lady to go to the hospital in Quiche. I will call and check on her tomorrow and give you an update.

Today we took photos of the children that might be admitted to the ABC program in 2010. These children had the most personable smiles.



After all of the patients were seen, we had lunch and it was very delicious. We had fried chicken, rice, salad and tortillas. During lunch I was joking with the guys on when they were going to start building again..................they told me hopefully, in 2015! Then they laughed so hard I thought they were going to fall out of their chair!

After clinic tonight, I felt like going up to town and just checking things out. There was a group singing in the park and someone should have asked them to quit :) I went to one of my favorite restaurants and had guacamole with chips and spinach soup. I then grabbed some cokes and came home for the night.

No comments: