Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Parents are safe in The States

After clinic on Saturday, we headed to Antigua for a few days before mom and dad flew home. I was looking forward to dad seeing Antigua and places there that I enjoy. We had nice relaxing dinners after I walked their legs off :)

We walked to the top of La Merced and viewed Antigua. It was very clear day and the volcanoes were beautiful. We worshipped with the Antigua Church of Christ for almost 3 hours and then met the girl I sponser in the ABC program. Again, dad got some great photos and I will post them when I get copies.

Their flight left early this morning and then I met Kemmel. We got the truck serviced, went to get a package that my parents congregation had mailed to me and then I headed home.

Many thanks to the ladies of the Morganton Church of Christ for the packages of goodies. I really appreciate your thoughts and kindness.

Tonight I met up with Kim, who will soon be returning home. We had dinner at Mi Taco Express and then walked to the grocery store. It was a cool evening but the sky was beautiful with different shades of pinks.

Mom and dad are home safe and tomorrow we will have clinic in Mactzul VI.

No comments: