Thursday, February 28, 2008

Clinic in Lemoa

Clinic was in Lemoa today and it was a small clinic. Before clinic started we began with prayer. We remembered our patients, prayed for safe travel for Manuel and Katy as they went to Antigua, remembered Lisa's clinic and work in The City, asked for continued safety as our mobile clinics spend a lot of time driving and the roads can be dangerous, prayed that the Pepperdine group would arrive safe on Saturday and asked for comfort and peace for Pedro and his wife. These are the parents of the young man that died last week.

After we had seen all of the patients we began preparing our boxes for the future clinics. I counted and bagged the medicines that we needed. Before long, I had some helpers. They were the boys in the photos below. The first photo is of a young man who someday will be a pharmasist. He was opening the plastic bags for me as I filled them.......and then as his cousin would come running in the room, he would carry him out!

He was very proud of his new dental work. He told me that he has had 6 teeth pulled. There were 4 holes on top and 2 on the bottom.



I walked out to the corn field today to talk to the sheppherd lady. She is a sweet lady and is always laughing or smiling. I mustered my best K'iche' and asked her what her name is.......Maria. I then told her mine and she repeated it........whew........I do not think she speaks any Spanish. I will have to practice more K'iche' with her and really give her a laugh! :)

Tomorrow we are off to Paxot II........

I have just submitted my last lesson plan for my ESL Class. If my tutor accepts it, then I will have completed my certificate for Teaching English as a Second Language.......please keep your fingers crossed :)


No comments: