Thursday, February 14, 2008

Clinic in Lemoa

I picked up Katy at the hotel and we went to Lemoa and prepared for clinic. It was a special morning because Kemmel was able to join us for half the day. We wore him out with questions and he updated us on events. Lisa is doing well and we are thankful for that but we are looking forward to their return!

We had a great clinic today. We had 14 medical patients and 7 dental patients. The photo below is of Katy and two of her patients.

Last Thursday a young man came with a growth from his right nares. Today, when he sat down it took me a minute to recognize him. He looked so much better but yet still needs to be seen in the hospital. We encouraged him to return and talk to us about the treatment that is suggested to him.

After clinic we filled the truck and had it washed. Tomorrow we drive to Xejoj, which is about 2 hours. It will be a combination clinic with medical care and teeth cleaning.

Before dinner, Katy and I walked through Santa Cruz in the market area. It can be very entertaining. I never get bored walking through the grocery store and checking things out. We found some HUGE dried fish slabs in the market and I always wondered how to cook them. When we went to the grocery store, they had some prepackaged ones with instructions.....hmmmmmm, soak it for 24 hours while changing the water every 6 hours. It then went on to give directions for making soup.........thank you but not tonight. We ended up going to Mi Taco Express. As usual, it was very good. The owners mentioned that I had someone new with me. Two weeks ago it was my parents, then it was Kim and now it is Katy. I told them about the Pepperdine group arriving soon and they got excited! Good food can help keep visitors happy :)

No comments: