Friday, February 8, 2008

Clinic in Choacaman IV

Today I met the guys and we headed for Choacoman IV which is not too far from Santa Cruz. As we pulled in the parking area the men from the Church were waiting for us. Usually, we honk the horn and wait for them to appear out of the corn field.

This is one of my favorite clinics. The owners of the house are very hospitable and help me with translation to K'iche'. We had 13 patients and a few of them told me how much better they feel since the last clinic. This is always encouraging to hear but I remind them that God is doing the healing. There were two diabetics today and their blood sugars were much better.

We had pepian for lunch. It was wonderful with beef, rice, green beans, tamalitos and a warm orange drink. Everyone helped us carry the eqipment back to the truck and then we gave a ride to some students who needed to go to Santa Cruz.

The photo below is of the girl I sponser in the ABC program. I met her about 18 months ago and it was great to see her again. She is 13 years old and lives in Guatemala City. Her name is Josselyn and she has 9 brothers but no sisters. You can tell that she and her mom have a very close relationship. We all enjoyed lunch at Pollo Campero's in Antigua and then they headed back to The City.


We are all packed and ready for clinic tomorrow...................

No comments: