Monday, January 14, 2008

Clinic in Lemoa

Today we had clinic in Lemoa. As always, we began our clinic with prayer. We offered thanksgiving for the good response of patients on Saturday in Chuchipaca. We asked God to be with the patients in Montellano this week who are having surgery and also to be with Josefina and Tomas as they travel back and forth. They will return on Wednesday.

There were 14 medical patients and 14 dental patients today.

There was one patient who had a very sad story. She is only 36 years old and lost her vision 9 months ago. For two months before this, she had severe headaches. She and her husband have 7 children and this is the first time they have been able to seek help. Her pupils were fixed and did not respond to light. I sent her to the hospital and hopefully they will be able to do further testing. I spoke to Lisa later in the afternoon and she said one possibly might be a tumor and maybe they will get her a CT scan.

Between patients I did the laundry for the dental clinics. After patients I played catch with some children. They had a big orange beach ball advertising Fanta. I went to get my camera but as I returned, they were climbing in the back of a truck and yelling, "bye-bye!"

It was a good day...........tomorrow Gaspar, Maury and I will head to Xepocol where Gaspar lives.

No comments: