Saturday, July 22, 2017

Our Day in Panajachel

Kristi and I had a day to run around so we drove to Panajachel.  The weather was beautiful.....it could not have been any better.

There was a lot of activity on the lake.

I noticed that this fisherman was having a hard time getting his boat steadied due to the wind.  He put on his jacket and got better situated.

After a few minutes, he was off to catch, what he could catch........probably evening dinner for his family.

We found the guy on the street making these trees with wire. They were beautiful and he was very focused on his work.  Krist told him the colors that she would like and in the middle, there would be a dream catcher.

We returned about 2 hours later and he was still working on the tree.  The sun was hot and here he is working in a long black shirt and hat.

This was the final project and we were very pleased with the outcome.  This guy was very kind and we enjoyed talking to him.

These guys were having a water fight and splashing each other.  At first the girl was not part of the action........

but before long, they had her soaked too!

The material and fabric here are beautiful.  There are so many colors and patterns to chose from, it can be difficult.

This lady was the most sophisticated lady in Pana...........she was not even perspiring :)


Another successful day!

3 comments:

kmburns74 said...

It was a fabulous day! It's interesting to see different perspectives of the same trip. I hadn't noticed that sophisticated lady not perspiring! Lol. The wire tree is a treasure. There are good things ahead! Muy bien, Sheri. Gracias por un día maravilloso.

Mom said...

I really love this blog!!!! I won't say much about it because it would take too long. :) The wire tree looks so neat, I am tempted to say that I want one but I won't. I hope to visit there myself before too long, then I can see............

Mom said...

P.S. The pic. of the boats on the water is a real WINNER!!!! Just beautiful !!!!!!