Tuesday, May 5, 2015

New Hospice Patient

Lisa called me the other day about a new patient with cervical cancer.  She lives in Patzite, where Sarah has clinic once a month.

Sarah picked me up this morning and we made our way out to the clinic.  Juana's family arrived as we did.  We carried everything up to the church building and started clinic.

Juana's family lives in Mactzul VI so I know them from the church there.  I planned on walking to the patient's house but when they said it would be an hour walk, Sarah suggested that we use the truck. I do not mind walking at all but I can think of a better way to spend two hours.  Thank you, Sarah!

Juana is 52 years old and has been sick for 2 years.  She spends most of her time in bed listening to the radio.  She remains comfortable with the medicine that Lisa had given her.  Her family told me that sometimes she has a lot of swelling in her legs and feet but are thankful that today there is not any.

She told me that she has been baptized but has not been able to attend anywhere for a long time due to the illness.  She and her husband, Fransisco live with several of their children and grandchildren.

I hope to be able to go back and visit again.  It is nice to know that she has family to live with and people that will help care for her.

No comments: