Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Clinic in Xepocol

Well, where in the world would you live to appreciate fireworks and firecrackers at 0510???  Only on  my street! They lasted for about 10 minutes and then the music got cranked up!  I thought they would calm down a little but I was wrong :(   I got up since I knew I knew I was not going to be able to sleep any more.........I got up, flipped the switch and nothing happened........no electricity! 

I went to get the truck, everything looked good so I proceeded to get Sandra and then Cesibel.  Maria, Manuel and Gaspar met us in Xepocol.  As we traveled along, we realized there was not any electricity in all of Chichi.

When we arrived, we did not have any patients so we mounted the speakers and announced.   The guys offered to let me sing but they know that I will turn them down.  I might have one talent and singing is NOT it!  hahahaha

We finally had some patients come.  We had six patients for medical and three patients for dental.

Between patients, we sat outside and enjoyed the sun.  These two guys came by so flaunt their stuff.........I tried to get Sandra and Maria to do a dental check but they declined.

We walked to the corner store and checked out what snacks they had.  We had several bags to chose from and had a Smörgåsbord since everyone selected a different bag.

When it came time for lunch, we were not very hungry.  Did that keep us from eating???  No!  We enjoyed a plate of beef, rice and tamalitos.

Tomorrow, we will have three clinics so we will head in different directions.  Enrique and I will go to Xepol and I hope we have a lot of patients!!

No comments: