Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Clinic in Chuguexa

Today, Manuel, Ceci and I headed to Chuguexa.  There were patients waiting for us and I always love that.  We greeted everyone and set up for clinic.  It was a busy clinic with twenty-nine patients and I LOVED  it!

There was a great variety of patients! There were also 9-10 new patients.

Last month I told you about Tomas, whom we took to the hospital.  Then he came to Xepol and his blood sugar was still over 500!  Well, today........drum roll, please...............it was only 141!  I jumped for joy!  I told him want a blessing this is, because it shows that he will respond to the pills if he continues to come to clinic and watch his diet.  He has also gained 6 pounds! I can not tell you how excited I was over Tomas. I know that he still has a long way to go but little-by-little...........

We found a patient today that needs his cataracts removed.  This is Tomas and his wife.  I will get him an appointment in a town called, Camanchaj.  He will not have to travel very far.  He knows exactly where the clinic is because two years ago, he went there to have his hernias repaired.  Yes, two sides at one time.

One lady came with a bad eye infection.  I asked her husband what color the eye discharge is........he yells, "Look, there is some now!"  Let's just say, I asked for it, so I got it!!

I saw two pregnant ladies.  The first one was far enough along, so we listened for the heart of the baby.  Well, she was soooooooo excited when she hear it, she yelped and started crying!    We then prayed for God's blessings on her and the baby.

I met a man today that would like for us to visit him, in his home.  For about 5 months he had home dialysis, for his kidney failure.  His doctors told him that without this, he would die.  He finally had enough of it and had the catheter removed.........and he has lived for about seven months!  I asked him if Gaspar and I could visit him in his home and he welcomes us.  I will talk to Gaspar tomorrow about doing a home-visit with Jose.

It was a good day, one full of many blessings!!

No comments: