Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Clinic and class in Mactzul I

Today, several of us went to Mactzul I for dental and medical clinics and class.

We announced when we arrived but the clinics were still small.  My mountain of people must have had something more important to do :(

When we finished with lunch, Cesar met with some children and their parents for a tutoring session. 

For those who have ABC Children, it is important to know that your support is not only giving children basic needs, but an extra step is being taken to see that they are SUCCESSFUL!  Cesar has offered help to children in the afternoons.  They are are able to bring their homework and ask questions that will help them with their classes.

I did not want to disrupt the class, so the photo is not the best.  There were about 20 people present.  I think that as Cesar continues working with students, more will take advantage of this opportunity!

The exciting part of the day was when I heard there would be several baptisms on Monday.  I think he said that there would be ten!  They will have a worship service starting at 8am, then proceed to the river for the baptisms and then activities until 4 pm......................what a day it will be!  The angels will be rejoicing!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sheri, this blog is VERY exciting!!!!!