Thursday, January 17, 2013

Short Clinic in Lemoa

This morning, I did not receive any calls saying that anything else had happened in Chichi, so I took a tuk-tuk to go and get the truck.  Manuel, Gaspar and I met at Casa del Rey at 0745 and the guard let us in.  Gaspar and Manuel had plans to go and talk with a community about a new clinic and I headed for Lemoa.

On my way to Lemoa, I picked up Maury, Martina, Sandra and her mom, Sandra.  We all talked about what happened yesterday and what we heard might happen today.  The tuk-tuk driver this morning told me there will be more problems this afternoon. Maury told me that she heard the same thing. I told them we would reevaluate clinic when we arrived in Carris.

When we drove up to the clinic, Cesibel was writing names down of the patients.  We had about 12-14 medical patients. Everyone was calm but a little nervous about yesterday.  Most of the patients came from the other side of Quiche. I do not think any were from Chichi.

We decided to see all of those waiting and then close clinic. Maury called the patients who had dental appointment in the afternoon and rescheduled those of a future date.  She said there would be no problem in doing that.  I just want people to be home with their families if more problems start.

We finished at 1200 and loaded the truck.  I drove everyone to Chichi and things were very quiet.  There were no tourists in town and the market was closed. 

Sandra wanted to buy a stove for her new apartment so we walked to a few stores but most of everything was closed.......it sure did not look like a Thursday. When we were finished, I took them home, locked the truck up and went home. 

The Guatemalan President visited Quiche today to help quiet things down.

It was a very uneventful day and I am so thankful!

No comments: