Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Clinic in Xepocol

This morning, several of us headed to Xepocol for clinic.  When we arrived, there were not any patients so we set up clinic and waited.

This is our dentist, Sandra and her mom.

It is always nice to have visitors and especially family come and share with us what we do in clinic.

I remember when the members of the church here, started talking about building a kitchen.  Well, today is the first time that I have seen it and it is ready to use! It has two rooms and is nice.

This is one of the rooms........Sandra, Cesibel, Maury, Sandra, Martina and Cesar.

 Then we realized we had missed Maria, so we needed another photo..........Maria, Sandra, me, Cesibel, Maury, Martina and Cesar.

 Before we started eating, we laughed because of the girls sitting next to Cesar!

Right after lunch, they came to tell me that Gaspar's mom was very sick at home and wanted to know if I would go and see her. I said, "Sure!"

Maria and I drove the family home that provided us lunch and then we drove to the home of Gaspar's mom.  She was on the floor, where they told me she was the most comfortable.  Her son told me that she has not been able to drink anything since yesterday and had vomited through the night.  She had not had a fever, diarrhea, cough or other problems.  She was dehydrated so I started an IV and gave her a liter of fluid.  Her family wanted to take her to the hospital but she would not go.   I called Gaspar and gave him an update.  We plan to talk later this evening.

When we returned to Chichi, we met Manuel and Gaspar at Lemoa. Sandra is in the process of changing apartments so the guys offer to help her move.  They offered to help us with her fridge so we did that right away.

After that trip, Sandra,, her mom and I made two more trips and that was it for the evening.

Gaspar, later called me and told me that his mom was a little bit better.  She was able to drink a little and had not vomited anymore.  He was a little encouraged but aware how very sick she is.

It was a busy day but a good day.  Tomorrow, Maury, Cesibel and I will go to Xepol for clinic.

No comments: