Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Clinic in Chuguexa

This morning, I made my way to Chichi to pick up Enrique for our clinic today. On the way up to town, I passed Carmen and gave her a ride.  Many of you would know Carmen, since she works in Santo Tomas Hotel.

Enrique and I made our way to get Cesibel,  and then on to Chuguexa. 

We had a good clinic of fifteen patients.  As usual, most were diabetics.  I was please with how well they were controlled. 

After clinic, I went to Lemoa to give money to Maury.  It is the end of the month so she has to make all of her bank deposits and balance everything.  Everyone was eating lunch and having a good time together.

I am so appreciative of the people that I work with.  It is truly a blessing for me.  Yes, life in Guatemala is different but it is good.  No, we may not always have water, electricity or heat.  Maybe the simple comforts of life are over rated!  Yes, the roosters, dogs and cows wake me up at 0430 every morning and then the birds start playing on my tin roof! But, with the normal activity, I know everything is OK and I can catch a few more winks before the alarm goes off.

I am very content.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You are content because you know that you are where God wants you to be!!! Doing God's will gives us a peace like no other!!