Saturday, January 12, 2013

Good Luck Josue!

Today, Josue and I made our way to Chiqua.  It was my first clinic of 2013.  As usual, we had the clinic in Alica's house.  She continues to open her home to us twice a month to do clinic.  This morning, we found out that she will have another baby!  She and her family were very excited!

It was a small clinic but we made some good connections.  We never want to lose site of what seeds may be planted through the day. Josue began the clinic with praying with the patients. That is my favorite part of the clinic.  The patients can see where our hope and trust lie.

We had a few diabetics and everyone was well controlled.  I expected with the holidays to see some high numbers.  I was pleased. 

This evening, I had dinner with Lisa, Kemmel, Sandra, Sheyla and two of their friends.  It was good to see everyone.  Sandra's friends are dentists and have helped us with the ABC Children this week.

This was Josue, last month in Montellano.  He will leave tomorrow for Guatemala City to start Med School. I have a lot of confidence in him and know he will be a very good physician.  He is very humble and cares for people.

His sister, Aura, is studying to be a dentist.  They will live together in Guatemala City and be a good support for each other!

No comments: