Monday, November 12, 2012

Trip to Panajachel with Andrew and Debra

This morning, we all met at Santo Tomas for worship.  Some people headed down to the coast for an eye clinic, some people headed to Guatemala City to spend the night before the flight home in the morning and some of us, went to Panajachel.

Andrew and Debra opted to spend two more nights in Guatemala so we went to Panajachel.  We stayed at Rancho Grande Inn.  It is a very nice hotel that is known for their breakfast.  This was the view from Andrew's room.  Debra and I had a room below.

We could not get into the rooms right away so we took a boat over to Santiago.  We visited the Catholic Church and walked around town. When we returned, our rooms were ready.

I walked around to get some photos of the flowers.  They keep the grounds very nice.

The lawn guy was especially proud of the orchids.

Debra and I decided to try a few jumps....................up, up and away!!!

Look mom, NO hands!

We saw by the pool and chatted before dinner. Then it was time to head down to the lake.  Many of the restaurants have the same menu with a great view.  I loved this cloud.

As I mentioned, the hotel is known for their breakfast, especially, the pancakes.  Lisa told me to eat one for her and my parents and I are always talking about eating something for the other person.......so, I ate one pancake.  So, one-quarter was for Lisa, one-quarter was for Dad, one-quarter was for Mom and one-quarter was for me.  The left is butter and honey and the other side is fresh strawberry jam.  You guy can decide which side was yours :)

After lunch, we went to Antigua. We went to market and then I headed back for Chichi.  I left a little after 2pm to arrive in time for a dinner with Rick.  There were two accidents near Chimaltenango, so I arrived later than planned.  I heard they had a good dinner and hope to be able to be at the next one.

It has been a busy few weeks but I have loved it.  Now, it is time to get started in on clinics and prepare for classes on Friday, Monday and Tuesday.

Tomorrow, the guys and I will go to Chutzurob.

1 comment:

MOM said...

WOW!!!!!! Great pic. Sheri!!!! I can't decide which one is the best!!!!