Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Returning to Guatemala

I left the hotel at 0430 this morning to arrive at 0530.  It was just me, a couple of airline employees and about three cockroaches in the airport.

It was a rough day in the air.  Not sure exactly why.  We never ran into rain but there was a lot of turbulence. 

I changed planes in Panama and then landed in Guatemala City.  Kemmel was waiting for me with the Jim and Barbara.  It was good to see the three of them waiting for me.  We went to the hotel to pick up Sarah, who will be working with us this week.

Kemmel filled me in on the earthquake that happened this morning.  He said there have been many deaths and they expect more.  When I talked to more people, they said they felt it for 30-34 seconds.  How scary!

When I returned to the house, I had several messages and emails about the earthquake.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  We are all doing well and as far as I know, there was no damage in this area.

We met the rest of the group in Chichi.  There are about 30 people here and we will do three clinics in different communities for the next three days.  It will be a busy time but it will be good.

No comments: