Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This morning, we had our usual clinic in Lemoa.

For a couple of weeks, we have had Aura working with us.  She is a scholarship dental student.  She will be finished in a couple of years and then will work with Health Talents.

After clinic, we all made our way to Montellano.  We were invited to go down for a special Thanksgiving dinner and for a meeting in the morning. When we arrived, you could tell that they had been working hard during the day and preparing our dinner.

These two ladies always work very hard in the kitchen.

They had baked a turkey for us and it smelled very good!

They prepared a sweet potato casserole and baked it with marshmallows on top.  People must have really enjoyed this because it was all eaten!

This is Carlos and Sylvia.......they had been doing a lot of preparation.

This is Sandra and Heidy.  They are the two new dentists this year.

Three promoters that help with mobile and surgical clinics.

Everyone waiting for dinner to begin.  Carlos is welcoming everyone and then we offered a blessing for the food.

Enjoying dinner............I think the count was 49 people :)

This is Josue..........he will be leaving us in January for medical school.  I hate to see him leave but we will have him when he is finished with school.......just working in a different capacity :)

Everyone likes to mention what they are thankful for during this time of year.  Of course, I am very thankful for my parents, whom I will see soon!  I am thankful for my friends, sponsoring congregations and the opportunity to be working here.  I am also very thankful for Lisa and Kemmel.  They are great to work with and care very much for the ministry. They are supportive and responsive when we need something.........except for when I hold out my hand for money, Kemmel just looks the other way :) 

It was a great day, with safe travels.................and we are always thankful for that!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great blog Sheri!!!!!! I don't blame Kemmel for looking the other way!!! LOL The food looks wonderful !!!! Good pic. as always!!!!! Looking forward to Christmas with you!!!!