Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Depression Class in Chichi

This afternoon in Chichi, we had the depression class again in Chichi.

We started with a few songs and a prayer.  The lady who started the songs led, There's a Fountain Free.  They did a great job singing that song and I really enjoyed it.

I had braced myself, hoping that today's class would be a little different than the class in Mactzul VI.
The number of ladies continued to grow and I was getting excited.  We usually have about 12-15 ladies but today we had thirty!

There was a lot of questions and participation!  When we hit the one hour mark, I asked them if they wanted to close for the day and continue the next time and they said, "Let's continue!"  We finished after two more hours.  It was truly a blessing and I think they really enjoyed it. 

A few of the ladies shared their personal struggles with this illness but how their faith in God got them through. We talked about our responsibility as Christians when we know someone is struggling.  When a co-worker does not come to work, it does not take us long to call of find out what is happening.  When someone misses worship services for several weeks, they may never receive a call.  The church is a family.  God did not intend Christians to live their lives in solitude.  Just a few things to think about!

When I return after the holidays, the ladies want to study menopause.  I think this will be a good topic for the different congregations. 

Tomorrow, the guys and I will go to Mactzul VI for clinic.

No comments: