Friday, November 2, 2012

Another day in Santo Domingo

I walked down the street to a small restaurant for lunch.  He told me that he has really good food and I have noticed how quickly it sells.  He usually has Diet Coke, but today he did not have any.  Heavy sigh............

One thing that is common here, it seems, is loud arguing........or maybe it is just me. People are very animated. Yesterday, when I was trying to pay a bill, three people started arguing so loudly that I just walked out before I got my change.  I usually do not get nervous because I know, I have no part in the problem.  But this seemed to get louder and grow in intensity.  I just wanted to get out.

Today, a taxi driver came in and started yelling at someone working in the kitchen.  It went on and on.  When he finally left, the guy working the front of the store went back into the kitchen and continued yelling at the girl.  Finally, it died down and he went back to his seat.  She came out into the restaurant, tossed down her apron and walked out.  Another day in paradise...............

I can tell that the weekend is approaching quickly.  There were several people around the pool this evening.

The view from the pool, on the second floor.

There is a pool, hot tub, jacuzzi, work out room and sauna here.

 The sky is pretty in the evening. 

I have enjoyed the time being able to get some work done.  I am preparing a class for the ladies on depression.  They asked for this topic and it will be at least a two day class.  Classes are slow but that is ok.

The group arrives tomorrow. It will be good to see Linda and Calvin and meet some new people.  Please pray that they all have safe travels.

2 comments:

Mom said...

It looks really beautiful Sheri!!! I wish the people were more peaceful for you, I know you would enjoy it more if they were.

Sheri said...

awwww, it is ok, mom. I have not heard any arguing today. It has been a good day!