Saturday, November 17, 2012

Day in Chichi

Today was a day to work at home and prepare for next week.

In the afternoon, I walked to town to buy some vegetables. 

On the way, I passed some boys practicing some moves on their skateboards.  It looked a little unusual.  They were trying to jump over a beam...........they did not have any knee pads, elbow pads, helmet or mouth guard.

A little farther up the hill, I watched some guys building a concrete wall.  They mixed their cement with hoes......then applied it by hand.  They did not wear any gloves.

Things sure are different here...........and I love it.

When I returned to the house, Tomasita and Jaime were sitting in the yard.  I went to sit with them.  It has been cold and it feels good to have some sun.  Tomasita and I chatted for a while when Jaime went back to his work.  Then he brought me a fresh rose that he cut.  They are very good to me.

Tomasita and I walked around the yard and looked at her flowers and birds. 

In the morning, I will go to Chichi to worship and prepare for the week ahead.

No comments: