Friday, October 12, 2012

Finished Proverbs 31

I went to Mactzul VI this afternoon for the ladies Bible class.  We finished the study of the virtuous woman, in Chapter 31.  We only had four verses left so we had time for an activity.

We divided into four groups.  The focus of our studies has been application.  How can we apply what we read in the Bible, to our life today? So in context of this class, what can we teach our children about finding a spouse? What should be our hopes for our children?

I asked each group to write just two or three things that they should share with their children.  We have not done an activity like this before, so they were a little hesitant.  At first everyone was very quiet and then they started working on the project. Anna Marie and I went to each group and made sure that they did not have any questions.

When time was up, everyone taped their sheets to the wall and presented their information.  I could not believe that I forgot my camera!  Heavy sigh..........but the work they did was great. Everyone mentioned that they need to teach their children to marry a Christian.  One lady said, "There are problems in marriage and if we can teach our children better, maybe they will avoid some of the problems that we have had."

Other traits of a good spouse are someone who is a good worker, someone who has patience, someone who treats his wife and children good, someone with good character and who is honest.

The next class will be in November and we will have a class on depression.  It is a study that the ladies in Chichi have requested.

After we had finished the class, an elderly lady approached me.  She has been having a lot of headaches and not sleeping at all.  She asked me if we could pray and of course I wanted to.  A few of us knelt and I prayed for her........a prayer for healing, for peace and the ability to sleep.  She said that she would also come to our next clinic. 

Getting back to Chichi was a little difficult.  Land is being cleared for a new road and sometimes they have to stop the traffic as they work.  When we finished, I went to the office to teach an English class.

When I arrived in Chichi, there were no students. I just thought, "It's ok.......no problem."  Then six people arrived and we studied for two hours.  The lights flashed on and off a few times and then totally shut down.  As we left the office, we realized that all of Chichi was without lights. I walked Maria to where she would catch a micro-van to Xepocol and then I took a tuk-tuk home.  There were no lights anywhere!

When I got out of the tuk-tuk, I walked a couple of blocks in the dark.  I heard familiar paw-steps and it was Nakko!  He walked me home and then came inside, without having to be coaxed. No idea how long he had been outside. 

Another good day..............Gracias a Dios.




 

3 comments:

Sarah Nieto said...

Wow--that was quite a day! I wish I could have been there for the Proverbs 31 class...

Alice B. said...

I also would have loved to be in your class! Who is Nakko? Do you have a picture?

Alice B

Sheri said...

Sarah and Alice, the ladies and I would also have loved for you to be in the class. Alice, I will look for my photos of Nakko and repost. He is the guard dog of the house and gets out from time-to-time. I usually coax him back in with bread. Thank you for your posts!