Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Arrival in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Marcos and Sandra drove me to Guatemala City last night for my early departure.  The hotel has shuttle service but my flight was too early to take advantage of it.  I jumped in a taxi, after waking up the driver, at 0315. 

I flew on Copa Airlines and was very happy with the service.  Both flights were only 2 hours in duration, but each served a meal.  It has been several years since I have had food served on a flight.  Now, you really need to be seated for this news!  They actually served the meal with a metal fork AND knife!  Have they not heard what people can do with these?  I was very proud of my co-travelers since everyone used their eating utensils for their proper use :)

I was able to watch tv on the second flight.  Since I have been in Guatemala, I have been watching The Big Bang Theory.  It is not a television show that I would watch in the states, so I am not sure why I am fascinated with it here.  There is just something about it.  On this episode, Leonard was using a Wii and was horse racing.  Lisa can do a great imitation of Sheldon, when he knocks on a door............

I found a taxi to the hotel. It is the Intercontinental Hotel on George Washington Avenue.  After I checked in, I went out to see what I could see.......

This is one of the monuments not too far from the hotel.  I will get more photos tomorrow.

I found a restaurant on the street for dinner and then was in for the night.  Not much sleep in the last 2-3 nights so maybe I can catch up tonight.

1 comment:

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

***Sheri***Sheri***Sheri...Sournds like quite the adventure. Be careful crossing the street!
We've been missing you around here!
Lisa and Kemmel