Friday, October 26, 2012

Clinic in Mactzul VI


Several of our group headed out early this morning for two days of clinics and classes in some of our farthest communities.  Please remember Lisa, Kemmel, Ruben, Tomas, Enrique and Martina as they travel, spend the night and serve.

The rest of us traveled to Mactzul 6 this morning.  Lisa called me to let us know that the Mactzul did not have any power so we would need to get the generator from Lemoa.  Sandra and I went to Chichi to get Maria and then drove to Lemoa. We arranged the things in the truck to make room for the generator.  When Josue arrived, the four of us lifted it into the truck.  It is not the lightest thing!

We drove to Mactzul without any problems and Manuel was waiting for us there.

We ate a late lunch and then set in to finish the day. We enjoyed a lunch of grilled beef, black beans, rice, tortillas and a peach drink.

After lunch, I did not have any patients, so I helped a family with transportation.

One patient, who was very sick, had carried his mother to the clinic for a dental extraction.  The lady is very elderly and is unable to walk.  He told me during his consult, "She is my mother.  I had to bring her.  What else could I do, since she is my mother?"  He had tied her in a chair and carried her on his back and he only weighs 85 pounds. 

It took four of us to get her into the truck and it was about a 10 minute drive.  Sometimes, the expression of love is over-whelming. 

We had 9 medical patients, 5 dental cleanings, 4 dental fillings and 7 patients for dental extractions.

We finished and left the community about 1630.  We stopped by the clinic to unload much of the truck.

Tomorrow, Manuel and I will go to Chuchipaca for clinic.



No comments: