Saturday, October 13, 2012

Customer service, at it's finest!!

Today, I spent the day preparing for other things.  On Monday, I have a ladies Bible class in Mactzul II.

It is amazing, and I have always thought this, the amount of money that is spent annually on trying to improve customer service.  It is amazing, the millions and millions of dollars that are spent every year on research, attending meetings, sending people to classes, adding an extra coat of paint, improving decorations, supplying coffee or snacks....................the list continues and continues.

If you provide a good service, at a fair price, people will return.

The little store by my house is one proof of this.  There is no complicated formula!  Lucy, always makes sure that she has a great supply of Diet Coke for me.  When Tigo sells triple phone time, she will call me, to let me know.  She has even put time on my phone when it was raining very hard and did not want me to walk across the street.  I am sure that Lucy has never attended a customer service class, but she knows how to keep us happy.

One of the ladies in the market, always gives me a piece of fruit when I pass her stand.  The other day, she put six bananas in a bag for me.  You can be sure, that when I want some more, I will buy them from her.  

Over the few years that I have lived here, I have seen many examples of this.  It is just common sense. Sometimes, we try to make things tooooooooooooooooooooooo complicated!!  Just my thoughts.




No comments: