Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lemoa and Pat's group

Today, we had clinic in Lemoa.  I think there were about 23 medical patients.  We had new students with us today but they were not feeling their best.  When they feel better, I will get some photos.

I saw one lady, who mainly complained of feeling tired and not wanting to eat.  I was a little suspicious that she might be pregnant but I was just slightly suspicious.  Well, she is!!  This baby will be their first!  When I asked her how long they have been married, she grinned and said, "Three months!"

We enjoyed a nice lunch, with your choice of chicken soup or fried chicken.  I went for the chicken soup and we also had hot tamalitos.  Lunch could not have been any better!

After lunch, Lisa, Gaspar, two students and I went to visit Manuela.  Manuela cried more than she had the last few days.  Lisa took the dressing off slowly but I was really disappointed that it her skin did not look better.  I had seen such an improvement but today was depressing.  I thought I had changed the dressing too quickly.  Lisa will go back tomorrow to visit again.

Tonight, we had dinner with Pat H. group from Texas.  We met for dinner at Casa del Rey.  It is always good to see the group.  Marcos, Josefina and their parents joined the group and it was good to see them again. Voces Acapella sang after dinner and that is always wonderful.  This is the group when they had the chance to visit Texas a few months ago.  Josue, our promoter, is the third from the left.
Pat's group is doing clinics this week in different communities.  We wish them safe travels home.

No comments: