Monday, June 11, 2012

Day of activity

Early this morning, I went to Quiche to visit Magda and to get my hair cut.  Then I went to visit Manuela and to change her dressings.  She is making awesome progress.  There is no bleeding and very little drainage from the burn.  I am so pleased for her.  She allows her dad to put her up on the table and does not cry at all.

I took Manuela and her family copies of the photos that we took the other day.  They were so excited.  When we were finished, her mom served me a plate of fruit that included mango, papaya and melon.  That was very special to me.

In the afternoon, I made my way to Mactzul II for the Bible Class with the ladies.  There were 20 ladies there and our time together was wonderful.  Again, I want to mention how sad I am with how some things are.  It is not anyone's fault, it is just the way things are.  It is a reminder of how we should not take for granted the opportunity to read and study......especially the Bible. 

We studied John 13, when Christ was with his disciples.  He was fully aware of what would take place shortly but he treated everyone the same.  His actions, when he washed the feet of is disciples, were that of a servant.  He then told them he had a new command for them and he talked about love.  The ladies and I talked about how we can apply those verses to our lives.  It is by our love for each other, that others will know we too are his followers.  I hope that I left them some things to think about and that will also encourage them.

This scarecrow is behind the house of Kemmel and Lisa.  There are so many things in Guatemala that are interesting.  I have thought about starting blogs about scarecrows, out houses, the interesting trucks we get behind on the road that are carrying cargo, interesting t-shirts people wear but have no idea what them mean, interesting signs..............there are just so many things.  Yesterday, we were behind a small truck, and I emphasize "small," but it was FULL of HUGE hogs being taken to the market.  They were standing on each other!  The bumper barely cleared the pavement! I would feel sorry for the poor guy if he had a flat tire!

Tomorrow, we will have clinic in Lemoa for the ladies.  It will be the last day of clinic for this group of students. 

No comments: