Monday, September 19, 2011

Lemoa Clinic

Today I worked in Lemoa with Elaine and the promoters. We had a good clinic with 28 patients.

Usually this is Ruben's clinic but he went home to Nicaragua to visit his family and friends. It was also time for him to renew his Visa We hope that he has a great time with safe travels and I am happy to help!

Elaine saw all of the diabetic patients and we announced the new set of Diabetic Classes. We had a great response to the last three classes that we want to do another run of them. They will be held in Lemoa again and it is central place for people to meet.

This is Elaine with some patients. She consulted the young girl next to her. The other little girl was severely burned when she was younger. She was set to have a consult last year with Dr. Dwyane but her dad fell off a roof and had to have surgery in Guatemala City. The mother said he is doing well and they will go to Clinica Ezell in February with us.

We have continued to have TONS of rains......most evenings and through the nights.

Many have asked about the earthquakes. Last I heard, there were three of them. Have heard of one death but some people are still missing.

It has been over a year since we had our storm, Agatha. I continue to think of that time often because it impacted this area so much. I remember living in Paxot II with a family and being scared through the night. They had already placed poles up to support a dirt wall but the hard rains continued!! They family was also scared and wanted to sleep in my room with me. I was so thankful to see light crack though the adobe in the morning and to know that we were ok.

I will go to Patzite tomorrow and see what we can see!!

No comments: