Monday, September 5, 2011

Back in Guatemala!

Yesterday, I returned to Chichi. The three weeks in NC went very quickly. It is always good to spend time with family and friends. I always intend to blog more when I am in NC but it seems that time just goes so fast...........so, I will give you a quick review of the highlights.

1. Time with family and friends always ranks first.

2. I have never talked about it on the blog but I have had trigeminal neuralgia for about 3-4 years. Dr. Charlie, arranged for me to be seen at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. Thank you, Charlie!! After two consults, I had the Gamma Knife procedure done. Thanks to everyone..........Sally, Mary, Jim and Trish who sat with my parents and helped pass the time. Everything went well and I expect great results.

3. My brother Mike and Angie took me out for a birthday lunch!

4. We had a wonderful dinner at the South Fork Church of Christ. Members of my sponsoring congregation were there and also people that I use to work with. If I begin to name different people, I will forget some and I do not want to do that. Thanks to everyone that attended. It was a fun evening!

5. Thanks to the Morganton Church of Christ for their "going away" gifts. I really appreciate the thought and support.

So, now it is time to get back to work.

No comments: