Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Clinic en LaPalma

This morning we had to change trucks before we started out for clinic. This is one of the specialties that Kemmel has. He knows who needs to drive what truck each day, who has the truck and how they are packed. So, Juan and Maury brought me a truck but then Juan jumped in a truck with Lisa and Elaine. They headed to Xepocol for clinic as we headed to LaPalma.

During the changing, Juan told me that Nakko had left the house and was in the street. I did not see him leave. Grrrrr........Nakko has not left the house for quite awhile but I did not have time to go and get him today. I really do not care but he has been hit before and I would hate to be responsible for that. He is also strong enough to kill other dogs. What a dense dog!! I just had to hope for the best.

Tomas, Maury and I drove to LaPalma. I think that it is one of the prettiest drives that we have. It is beautiful.

When we arrive there are tons of people at the school, where we do clinic. Apparently, the government is giving out cooking oil, beans, rice and corn. It is amazing how much people can carry! Each family is getting 4 gallons of oil and 30-40 lbs of the other things. There are only two trucks but the rest is being carried on their backs. All of the family members help.......even the young children.

We had eight patients come to the clinic.

The first patient was, Noe. His grandmother brought him since his dad, Agostin, is helping distribute the food. Noe is the ABC Child of my parents. They had sent back some balloons and a photo for Noe for his birthday. Here, Noe is blowing up his first balloon with his grandmother nearby.

My parents have sponsored Noe for 3 years. If you are interested in sponsoring a child, knowing they are studying in school, receive medical and dental care and also receiving some clothing, let us know. Lisa and Kemmel recently blogged about children needing sponsors. The cost is $30 a month. Please see their blog at http://kemmelandlisa.blogspot.com/

When I get home, I open the gate and there sits Nakko on my porch like, all is well........little does he know, no bread for Nakko this afternoon.



1 comment:

Mom said...

Thank you for the pic. Sheri!!! He is the cutest Guatemalan boy that there is!!!!