Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy Independence Day, Guatemala!!

Today, is the official Guatemalan Independence Day! Congratulations, Guatemala!

Elaine and I met near the soccer field this morning to watch the parade. There were bands and students marching from different grades and different schools.

I was wondering if this is the band that use to play so early in the morning and so late at night. I decided that it could not be them because this band was half decent.

The other band was hopeless.......totally hopeless. I do not hear them as I use to and I am not complaining. Maybe, they have given up or maybe their parents took the instruments away.

These girls were cute. Their leader was strutting along with the girls.

This group of students wore masks.

It was a fun morning. Elaine and I walked around the field and talked to people. We walked back up to town, went through the Catholic Church and had lunch.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning and washing clothes. I thought a few minutes about getting a maid but I do not want someone in the house when I am not here. Yes, I only thought about it a few minutes. Hopefully, I will get the bugs under control again.

Tomorrow, I will work on a new project. There are many patients that have problems with gastritis or heart burn that we will offer a class on this. I am working on a power point presentation and also a teaching sheet to use in the clinics for education. We will see how it goes....................