Saturday, January 30, 2010

What if God lost interest in us?

This morning the guys and I traveled to Chuchipaca for clinic. We had a good day with patients. We saw a few pregnant ladies and they were progressing well. It was unusual that we did not see any of our diabetic patients. Hopefully, they will be back in 15 days.

When we returned to Chichi, I went to get photos made for the ABC program........2 hours later, with about 200 photos in my hand, I was ready for some ice cream :)

Later in the afternoon I walked to the little store near my house. There was a young man standing there and he asked me if I was a Jehovah's Witness. I told him no, that I am a Christian. I asked him a few questions and he told me that he had been a Jehovah's Witness for about 7 years but right now he is not really anything.

We talked a few more minutes about his searching. I told him that more important than anything was he needed to understand what the Bible teaches. Not matter where he is or who he is talking to, everyone will him a different opinion. People's opinions do not matter......what God says, is what matters.

I could tell as we talked for a few more minutes, he lost interest. He did not want to talk anymore about God. In one moment he was asking the questions and seemed interested but then in the next minute he was anxious to talk about something different or to be on his way.

So my question is, "What if God or Christ lost interest in us?" We know that this can not happen so it is only a thought. Scriptures tell us that God is constant and can not change.

James 1:17---Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Romans 3:3---Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

His love, compassion and interest in us does not change from day to day or minute to minute. Maybe we should be more cognisant of our interest and faithfulness to Him.

No comments: