Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday in Chichi

Today I spent the morning at home working on educational materials. It took me a little while to regroup since it had been almost a month since I worked on it. As I had mentioned in a previous blog, 3 weeks of being away really affected me.

This afternoon Juan and I visited Armando, the guy that we visit for physical therapy. He told us today that he has been feeling stronger and much better. In fact, much stronger than he has felt in a long time. We are very thankful to God for this and pray that he continues to regain his strength.

We were also told about a woman that has some infected areas and needed to be visited. When we approached the house, we quickly realize that she is not aware of our visit........surprise!! I am a little leery of jumping into the house while the two children of under 5 years of age are sitting on the growling dog and holding back its neck.

She eventually does invite us in but it is very obvious she is nervous of us. We made a general visit and offered to return in two weeks if she is interested. She told us yes, we are welcomed to return so we will see what happens.

I went to visit Magna in Santa Cruz this afternoon. She has fallen again and is having problems with her blood pressure.

Josefina called me earlier this week and told me that a gentleman in Santa Cruz had died. For those of you who visited me last year and we went to eat at, "the steak on the street" place, he lived there. I was saddened to hear about this so I went to visit his family. They had been married 52 years. I will go back and visit with them again.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sheri,
We love your blog. We are the couple from Morganton COC that went to eat with you and your family at Harbor Inn. We are interested in the trip to there on July 5-12. Can we be any help even though we are not in the medical field? We will be glad to help any where needed. Thanks for all you do. Rick & Sarah Triplett