Monday, January 11, 2010

Paxot II Conference

Lisa, Kemmel and I went to the Paxot II Conference today. It was a very, very cold morning. Mary and Jim, I bundled up in your scarf and gloves :) When we arrived there were many people but many more would arrive! The seats filled quickly and then they carried in more seats to fill the aisles.....until there was no more room! This is a problem but it is a good problem.

The outside was in the same situation. Tarps had been hung and people filled the chairs.

The singing was great! It was just a glimpse of what heaven will be like. The building trembled.

Lisa and Kemmel talking with some of the brothers.

It was great seeing so many people from the different clinics. It takes a while but then you begin to remember which community they are from.

I went into the kitchen to see what was happening.........and there was a lot of cooking going on!! These ladies were cooking something like spinach. The lady on the left (Manuel's wife) was tossing in the greens as the other lady was stirring them down as they cooked. Then two more handfuls were tossed in!

So, you have greens being cooked and then in the pot with the blue cover are the tamalitos. I can not tell you how many pot fulls were cooking or had been cooked.

A closer look at the tamalitos.

For awhile they let me stir the coffee and it was good. Then I helped carry in some more firewood. I really like helping out in the kitchen.

Now, that is a pot full of beans!!

Through the day, I heard different people say how many people they thought were in attendance. I heard 800 and then I heard 1,200. Based on the meals served, the count was 1,800-2,000. Those ladies in the kitchen really have a hard job but they are greatly appreciated.





1 comment:

Mo&We said...

Hi Sheri,
I enjoyed catching up on your blog, and I love seeing Lisa and Kemmel in your photos. Thanks for sharing. Lisa's Mama