Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday in Chichi

When I was home for Christmas, the South Fork congregation gave me a basket of letters. The instructions were to open one letter and read it when I became lonely or homesick. Well, I do miss my family and friends but I would not say I am "homesick."

I randomly opened my first letter today and it was written by Eric.

I appreciated the words written by his young man. He stated that if people listen and obey the words of God that they will go to heaven. He stated that he is aware that many people in Guatemala need help. He wrote that many prayers are sent for the work here in Guatemala. Thank you, Eric!

Even though one of the obvious cultural differences between here and The States is financial wealth, I think wanting to give your guest or visitor the best is equally important. In The States, the host wants the house to be in perfect order and pulls out the dinner china. Here, the guest will be given the best seat and usually will be served first.

Think of how special our new home will be. Eric made reference to this in his letter, heaven.

At this very moment, Christ is preparing our new home for us. We have no idea how special this will be......we just have to trust.

John 14:2-4------Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God and trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms, if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. If I go to prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place I am going.

So Guatemala is not my home, nor The States, nor North Carolina. I am waiting for the promise of my true home........as all Christians are.

1 comment:

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

Maybe God will serve chuchitos and coffee for afternoon snack!