Friday, January 29, 2010

Thankful Mactzul III

We traveled to Mactzul III for our clinic today. Tomas met Maury, Martina and I there. As soon as we arrived, we were asked to join a group that were praying were the new church building will be built. Today there would be a special lunch, a worship service and some other activities.

We climbed to where the new site will be. There were brothers and sisters from many of the area congregations as we stood at the new site. Look at that sky! Sebastian talked about the growth of The Church and how this is pleasing to God.

When we walked back down to the clinic you could see back up on the hill the guys starting to work.
We had a good clinic with 9 medical patients and Marcos had 20 dental patients. There were many people through out the day waiting for the afternoon activities.

We had several interesting patients. One lady came and her only complaint was that she was always thirsty......no other problems or complaints. I noticed that she has lost 20 pounds in about 5 months and then I heard Lisa talking to me :) Yes, her blood sugar was 431. I spent a lot of time talking to her and her family about her diet and how important it would be with the medication.

There was one young lady that was pregnant. Her husband and mother-in-law seemed excited about this news.

Speaking of diet, it was then time for lunch. We walked to a house up on the hill. I stopped to get a few more photos of what had taken place. They had begun digging and this is the view from where the new building will be.

The very early stages........

There were no more patients after lunch so we finished packing and then went to watch the activities.

Marcos helps gather more information for the prizes.

The first prize was a young bull that had been decorated. He was not fond of the walk until he was able to stop and eat. I thought, now if I win the bull, what will I do with it? Can it live in my kitchen or on my couch??? I do not think Nakko would enjoy him as a yard mate and he would probably eat Tomasita's flowers.

Tomorrow the guys and I will head out to Chuchipaca...........................

No comments: